My Current Skincare Routine
I asked you guys what posts you'd like to see and got a ton of questions about what skincare products I use, so I thought it'd be the perfect time to share!
Honestly, my skincare routine has been a trial and error process over the last several years, learning what products are or aren't worth the $$, which drug store products actually work, which products are just hype and that there is NEVER ANY EXCUSE for going to sleep in your makeup. NEVER!
After listing out all of the products I use, I realized I have a serious product addiction, BUT I can also say, there's not one of these items I could live without. I have even bought or made travel sizes of each, so I never have to leave home without them.
I tend to have a combination skin type (both dry and oily in different areas) but my skin has become a bit more temperamental recently. All of the traveling dries is out and while TV makeup, when applied makes skin look flawless, it also can mega clogs your pores if not removed properly. On my days off I tend to wear little to no makeup to give my skin a rest, and keeping up with this skincare routine helps tremendously!
Disclaimer: I am clearly not a dermatologist and everyone's skin is different. I just wanted to share with you, what's worked for me!
1. Makeup Removing Wipes: Ponds Wet Cleansing Towelettes, $5
- These babies remove almost all surface makeup. And since they're already wet, I can use them on the go! Plus, they don't leave a residue like some makeup remover clothes.
2. Eye Makeup Remover: Make up For ever Sens'Eyes, $11
- Helps remove stubborn eye makeup. I just put a drop on the end of a cotton swab or tissue and viola! See ya later, waterproof mascara! And if you have sensitive eyes, or contacts this product is great!
3. Face wash: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Foaming Cleanser, $7
- I use this right after I get off all my makeup and again when I wake up in the morning. Although, I've tried out a bunch of different cleansers, I always come back to this one! It's the most consistent in keeping my skin clear.
4. Toner: Lancome Tonique Douceur, $26
- I was told to start using toner last year and I am mad at myself for never having tried it before. Seriously, any kind of toner is a game changer. You may think you've gotten all the product and gunk off your skin, but pour a little of this on a cotton pad and wipe your face with it, it's crazy how much toner can pull out from deep in your pores. This happens to be my favorite, but there are plenty of other brands!
5. Moisturizer: Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet, $20
- Love love love this moisturizer. Again, I've tried a ton of different moisturizers and always come back to this one. Like I said, my skin tends to dry out easily and because this is a thicker sorbet instead of a gel it adds extra hydration, that lasts throughout the day. And it smells wonderful! I apply before makeup and primer, and again at night before bed.
6. Eye cream: Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, $29
- While there are less expensive eye creams, this seems to work the best for me. Plus, it lasts a reallllyyy long time. Kiehl's is consistently great for products and since I've started noticing little lines around my eyes, I needed a product like this!
7. Lip moisturizer: Aquaphor Lip Treatment, $3
- Reliable ol' Aquaphor. I switch back and forth between Aquaphor and Carmex, but both are a staple and I carry everywhere. Helps prevent dry lips, and is great if you ever want to mix with a lipstick to get a more sheer, moisturized look!
8. Lip during day moisturizes too: Clinique Almost Lipstick, $17.50
- Not really a skin product, but still one of my faves. I bought this in every color (Black Honey is my favorite Fall color) and use as my lip color almost every time I'm wearing makeup. They give just enough pop of color while not drying out your lips like other lipsticks.
9. Acne Spot Treatment: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, $17
- My friend turned me onto this product and let me tell you, it's a game-changer! Dries out pimples while you sleep. Make sure not to shake it... the clear and pink is supposed to stay separated, so it's a bit difficult to travel with, but great for at home! Just dab a cotton swab down to the pink part of the bottle and apply to and problem areas for spot treatment.
10. Exfoliator: Dr. Brandt Skincare microdermabrasion age defying exfoliator, $79
- I just began using this exfoliator a couple months ago. While it's pricey, I feel like I get a mini facial every time I use it (once or twice a week), so to me, it's totally worth it. I've noticed it's already helped reduce fine lines and gets rid of any flakey bits of skin to give my face a smooth glow. Exfoliating once or twice a week is a must for healthy looking skin, but be careful when choosing one, as some can actually have negative effects on your skin or be bad for the environment.
11. Blackhead Eliminating Strips: Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips, $8
- Love me some pore strips! I only use a nose and forehead strip as needed, so maybe once a month. Also, very guilty of staring at my used pore strips, but you've got to make sure they're working, right??! Yuck.
12. Hydration Mask: SK-II Facial Treatment Mask, $17
- Chrissy Teigen is a huge fan of these masks and her skins is flawless, so I thought I had to give them a try and now I'm hooked. The individual masks are pretty pricey, but I only use them maybe twice a year when my skin is extra dry and looks dead. They're perfect in the winter, when the cold can dull your skin or the night before a big event! It hydrates and tightens everything right up for glowing, fresh skin!
13. Lip Mask: Bite Agave Lip Mask, $26
- A makeup artist once used this on my lips while doing the rest of my face, and in just 30 minutes my dry cracked lips were transformed. I don't use this year-round, but in the winter months, my lips tend to need something extra to combat the cold weather and this lip mask helps SO so much! And, it tastes amazing!
Do you already use any of these products? What are your favorite skincare brands? Let me knowon Twitter, and tell me if any of these tips were helpful for you!